Patriots DECREASE Their Contract Offer to Wes Welker

“D’OH!”

“Hopefully, doing the right thing gets the right results #leapoffaith”  – Wes Welker on May 15

Yeah, about that …

New England Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker reported to offseason workouts two days ago in hopes of securing a long term deal. He figured by showing up, the Patriots would be willing to negotiate in good faith. CBSSports’ Mike Freeman responded to this by calling Welker a “Sucker”.

Freeman is looking like a prophet right about now. From ProFootBallTalk.com:

“There have been talks, but nothing that’s brightened anything at all,” Welker said, via the Boston Herald. “It’s actually gotten worse.”

“The ball’s in their court. I just want to play,” he said. “At the end of the day, if it’s one year, $9.5 million, it’s one year, $9.5 million. I’m good with that.”

Looks like Mike Freeman knew more about the monster Welker was going up against than Welker himself did.

Further reading: Patriots Now Offering Welker Less Than They Offered Last Year

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Patriots DECREASE Their Contract Offer to Wes Welker

  1. Pingback: Patriots Relying On History When It Comes to Wes Welker |

  2. Pingback: The Problem With The Franchise Tag |

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s