It’s been a very lucrative past few months for group of fellas with the last name ‘Jackson’ –
- Wide Receiver DeSean Jackson – signed a 5 year, $51 Million contract on March 14 to stay with the Philadelphia Eagles
- Wide Receiver Vincent Jackson – signed a 5 year, $55,555,555 (no joke) deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on March 13
- Linebacker D’Qwell Jackson – signed a 5 year, $42.5 Million contract extension with the Cleveland Browns on February 27
- Runningback Fred Jackson – signed a 2 year, $9 Million (with the opportunity to make much more in incentives) extension with the Buffalo Bills on May 7th
- Actor Samuel L. Jackson – starred in Hollywood’s latest blockbuster The Avengers, which raked in $200.3 Million dollars over its opening weekend, followed by another $100 Million during its second weekend. This further solidified Samuel’s positioning as one of Hollywood’s most bankable actors (In 2009, The Guinness Book of World Records named him the world’s highest grossing actor, earning $7.42 Billion over 68 films at the time)
With rumors running rampant that the New York Knicks will attempt to coax Phil Jackson out of retirement with a $50 Million+ offer, expect the Jacksons to keep collecting the cash.